DOWNIEVILLE CLASSIC RACE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
1. All racers will be required to sign a waiver and show ID to pick up bib # with computer timing chip attached.
• Those under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present to sign waiver and pick up bib number.
• Only registered racers can pick up their own bib numbers, i.e., please do not have friends or family attempt to pick them up!
• Please refer to race website to confirm registration, category and bib #. It will expedite picking up bib #'s if you know your bib #. Registration volunteer staff will ask for the bib # to look up name and category. Racer lists will also be provided at packet pick up on A-frames outside the community halls.
2. Hours of packet/bib/timing chip # pick up:
• Friday 3-7 pm, Community Hall, Downieville
• Saturday 7-9 am, Community Hall, Sierra City. To ensure a timely XC race start, registration closes at 9:00AM sharp.
3. All Mountain Event participants will use the same bib # each day and will be responsible for holding onto this bib # with the computer timing chip attached to the back. No transfers or exchanges.
link to Cross Country race registration
Races will be held rain, shine, sleet or snow. In the event of extreme weather or natural disaster, the ride may be shortened, postponed or canceled without refund.
If you like the fun, culture and world-class race courses of the Downieville Classic, you may also enjoy our other signature event, Lost & Found gravel grinder May 31st at Lake Davis, CA.
Thank you all for your continued support of this event.
We will be using Event Brite to handle race registration. After billing via Event Brite, there will be NO refunds, exchanges or credits given. NO exceptions! If there is an error in billing, contact Event Brite. Class changes may be made after registration with Event Brite is complete with a $35.00 fee, so be sure you enter into the proper age and class the first time.
In the event that a natural disaster (ie. forest fire) causes the cancellation of the Downieville Classic mountain bike races, there will be no refunds issued. All pre-registered/pre-payed riders will be given priority in registering for the following year.
All net proceeds from this event go directly to the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship trail maintenance program. In addition to entry fees, SBTS will receive all proceeds from prize drawings, silent auctions and beer donations. In all, it should amount to $25,000 or more, depending on racer turnout and the amount of beer that gets consumed. That's $25k going directly into the maintenance and restoration of the Downieville Trail System.
Money well spent in our minds, and you get to have a damn good time in the process.
Lost Sierra Endurance Run happening on September 6th, 2014 in Graeagle, CA